R. Michael Alvarez of the California Institute of Technology and Jonathan Nagler of NYU analyze the likely impact of Election Day Registration on voter turnout in Iowa.
- Overall turnout could go up by 4.9 percent.
- Turnout among those aged 18 to 25 could increase by 10.7 percent under EDR.
- Turnout for those who have moved in the last six months could increase by 8.8 percent under EDR.
- Turnout for Latinos could increase by 9.5 percent, and for African-Americans turnout could increase by 6.6 percent under EDR.
- Turnout among recently naturalized citizens could increase by as much as 20.2 percent.