Demos seeks an experienced Database Administrator to support the growing needs of the organization by managing and ensuring the integrity of our newly implemented Salesforce database. The newly created Database Administrator position will be a key member of the Development team providing support on donor and funder cultivation, data entry and gift processing, while working in close partnership with our Communications, Finance and Administration, and Campaigns teams. The position will 75% focused on Development work and 25% focused on organizational work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure data and record integrity by routine management of the database;
- Create and maintain system configuration and documentation including of workflow rules and procedures for data input, as well as approval processes;
- Develop and deliver targeted training to current and new users, maintain training documentation, and provide ongoing support to users;
- Manage and maintain integrations with apps, including advocacy (KnowWho), email (MailChimp), online fundraising (Classy) and event management (Eventbrite) tools;
- Manage regular data imports, including leading on a project to migrate legacy data from Research, Legal and Campaigns teams into the database in a way that ensures record integrity
- Responsible for all database trouble-shooting and data clean-up projects, including updating contact records fields and duplicate accounts;
- Optimize functionality of database by staying up-to-date on system improvements, best practice, and new apps to identify possible areas of innovation;
- Responsible for setting and updating permissions and customizing page layouts according to the users’ role in the organization.
Duties supporting Development team:
- Work with the Public Relations and Development Specialist to build complex queries and exports for lists such as fundraising appeals, event invitations, and other targeted communications and present data on the success of fundraising appeals to inform donor cultivation strategy;
- Work with the Public Relations and Development Specialist to create and execute a plan for best tracking moves management and communications with prospective donors in Salesforce, especially for key target audiences and present data on the success of cultivation efforts to inform future strategy;
- Complete regular data entry including notes from external meetings, prospect research and updated contact information, and oversee Development intern on discreet database projects;
- Enter individual and foundations gifts, and work with Director of Development on projection of future gifts in Salesforce;
- Produce acknowledgement letters for individual gifts, including annual tax letters;
- Reconcile individual and foundation gifts, deposits and batches and coordinate with Finance Department on a monthly basis;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Outstanding database and computer skills. 1-3 years experience using Salesforce, and preferably with the Nonprofit Starter Pack; Experience creating structures for data systems and knowledge of best practices; Ability to manipulate, analyze and clearly present data for the purpose of fundraising strategy, organizational projects and communications; Strong Excel skills; Experience with MailChimp a big plus;
- Exceptional communicator. Proven experience training non-data focused staff on how to use an organizational database (ideally Salesforce); Demonstrated ability to communicate across departments with competing demands;
- Self-starter. Ability to work individually on projects and collaborate across teams, follow directions, and complete tasks in an effective manner;
- Good judgement. Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information and to prioritize effectively.
- Commitment to racial equity. Can demonstrate a commitment to or active curiosity about the impact of racial inequality and structural racism in our society and has a strong interest in deepening or building their commitment to social justice work.
Familiarity with and interest in Demos’ work would be a plus. Candidates need to bring a strong commitment to excellence and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position is full-time and based in New York City.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $40,000- $45,000 and will be commensurate with experience. Demos offers a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 10 paid holidays, 20 vacation days per year, 9 sick days per year, and the opportunity to contribute to a 403b plan.
How to Apply:
Send a thoughtful cover letter and résumé by clicking through the following link: http://demos.hiringthing.com 
Dēmos is an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
We’re seeking a highly organized, motivated individual with a strong passion for social justice to help support the goals and objectives of the Campaigns and Outreach Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting advocacy and legislative support letters and other materials, including talking points and op‑eds;
- Research policy positions of elected officials and candidates;
- Research potential allies and partner organizations at the state and federal level on our core issues;
- Compile statistics from sources such as the US Census Bureau and secondary research materials;
- Attend coalition meetings;
- Track news coverage and events on our core issues;
- Other responsibilities, as requested.
The successful candidate will possess:
1. A strong interest in issues of social justice;
2. Strong, persuasive writing skills;
3. Attention to detail;
4. Excellent phone presentation and public speaking skills.
5. Interest in expanding their analysis and knowledge about the role that racial equity plays in our society, and has a strong interest in building or deepening their commitment to racial justice work.
We are more interested in these five qualities than in any particular amount of experience. However, prior experience in a non-profit environment is a plus. Candidates must bring a strong commitment to excellence and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Applicants with journalism experience and interests are particularly encouraged to apply. The position is based in New York City.
Wages and Benefits:
The Campaigns and Outreach Intern will earn a wage of $12.25 hourly. In addition, Demos offers sick days to be accrued on a pro-rated basis. Candidates who are able to work full-time are strongly preferred; however, qualified part-time candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply:
Send a thoughtful cover letter and résumé by clicking through the following link: http://demos.hiringthing.com . Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Demos is an Equal Opportunity Employer—people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.