New Report: Telecom Law Would Take Money From CT Consumers
Hartford- Today Richard Brodsky, Senior Fellow at the nonpartisan policy organization Demos joined with telecommunications expert Nathan Newman to release a new report detailing of the severe negative impacts phone deregulation would have on Connecticut ratepayers if SB 447 is passed.
- Cut off phone service to less profitable customers, including senior, rural, and low-income populations
- Raise phone rates and charge hidden fees
- Withhold rate information from State auditors
- Operate without state oversight
- Preemptively deregulate digital phone service
Demos is working to reduce both political and economic inequality, deploying original research, advocacy, litigation, and strategic communications to create the America the people deserve.